Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
euankirkhope

VXD files and Win2K

Right, you all know how you can get little programs that allow programmers to get direct access to hardware in NT4/5? Like, for programming the com and parallel ports. Well is there anything that will perhaps get vxd files to function in win2k, like a wrapper/emulator? I'm just curious as I'm trying to get my playstation joypad to work in Win2k, and is uses a vxd to access the LPT port ammongst other things. I would try an write a new driver, but its pretty much to complicated to program in windoze, let alone write a driver, and the dpadpro source is way to complicated for me wink to much of this bit-wise stuff... Although the linux source is readable...

Come on, someone out there has to have the guts to do it. www.ziplabel.com for the details.

That these little virtual device drivers don't work in real operating systems has been ongoing since NT arrived yonks ago and I've never heard of anything which allowed VXDs to function in NT, and I have looked. (Just trying to keep this topic alive and move it up to the top so someone might spot it and have a better view from a programming perspective.)