Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Does the front page bother anyone else?

The NTCompatible page is easier on the eyes and encourages me to actually read the frontpage whereas at LinuxCompatible I scroll down looking for specific things that I actually want to read....

Now if we had a profiling system where in the options we could choose what we want to see at each visit automagically then this would be fine but as of now comparing both websites I would say that NTCompatible frontpage encourages me to read it more than the LinuxCompatible frontpage.

I dunno mabye I'm crazy. :x

I thought you didn't like the NTComp main page as well? I dunno, maybe you are crazy...

smile

I think the dual column design (for the main news content) is quite confusing, when most things have dual column's you read all down the one column, then start on the next. In order to read the articles chornologically here you have to switch from one column to the other then back again. This is confusing because the stories are different lengths so it doesn't line up properly for easy reading.

The news/forum/results bit at the top is handy, but maybe there are too many lines for each so you have to scroll down to get to the actual news.

Consider lifting the forum part from the centre of the main page and move it to the right hand side, could have it just above the "Older news" section, and just the titles as the href, not the date or the "details" thing, it'll help clean it up and leave more room on the front page for the news content.

I think the colour scheme is fine, but a different organisation could make it more readable.

It bothered me as well... but now I see Philipp has changed it to be far more readable, and just like NTCompatible (or vice versa...). Looks much better now, and easier to deal with. Good work.