Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thibs

Creative Webcam 3 Poor image quality.

Hi there,

I just installed the win2k drivers for this webcam and it works just fine.

My problem is that I have a really poor image quality and I don't remember the image was this bad under win98.

Has anyone got the same problem ?

Thanks smile

Hi, yes I have had problems running web cam 3 under w2k with CT's drivers. It seems that the drivers have a poor response to lighting and require very fine tuning. I lso have a small window in Netmeeting, with a wide black edge around it which I don't have in win98 using the same settings. I have been in touch with CT's tech dept and they are aware of issues with the drivers but say that the small picture is down to MS and the NetMeeting program.

Chris

Same too me, only i've got a logitech cam but it's the same story. Good image quality in win98, bad in w2k.. still waiting

for final drivers...

OK guys,

thanks a lot for your feedback on this !

Guess I'll have to wait for some new drivers from Creative .. Hoppefully at the end of this year wink

[This message has been edited by thibs (edited 10 June 2000).]

I don't know where that is, could you be more precise pleaazzzzzzzze smile

I've just installed the latest WDM drivers for this webcam and the image is much better now under W2K. The link was in the news on the homepage of this site on tuesday.

I agree, the new drivers are so much better, still have a small screen in NM though, which is apparantly due to Nm not the drivers.

Chris