Asus V6800 Deluxe Video Card AGP

SB Live!Platnium

3Com 905TX-C NIC

Promise FastTrak 66 RAID controller PCI

Sigma Designs Hollywood Plus DVD Decoder PCI

Acer8432A CDRW

2 Maxtor 30G 7200RPM drives striped on the RAID controller

Pioneer 10X DVD drive

Upon boot, about 3 out of 5 times, it will get to the splash screen, and start stuttering. WHen I open task manager, I see the CPU is "cycling" between 0% and around 95% at 4-5 second intervals.

When I do get a dececnt boot, everything runs great for about 3 hours, then it starts the stuttering again.

Have tried the cards in different slots, and it seems to work best with the NIC in the first PCI slot.

At my wits end here. Only thing I can think to do is try a different brand of NIC.

Any other suggestions?

Did the error occur with the Bus at less than 152MHz (probably means PCI @ 1/4 so 38MHz) ?

Im sure you tried, just wanted to make sure..

It might be the NIC that doesn't accept such speeds.

Just try removing all cards except the graphix card and then adding one after another. If you already did all this I cannot help you frown .

[This message has been edited by Iasius (edited 12 June 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Iasius (edited 12 June 2000).]

Yeah, I've tried it from every FSB setting from 100-152Mhz with the same results every time....And yes, the PCI is 1/4....hehe

Also have tried installing with just the RAID and the VC, and then adding one at a time. Windows just doesn't seem to like the SC and NIC in the same computer here....lol

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Problem solved. Complete reinstall, turn off APM and ACPI in the BIOS, and install as standard PC instead of ACPI compatible blah blah blah......Works like a champ now..... smile