Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LM

Detonator 2

Nvidia has officially released Detonator 2 drivers on their website

The filename for Win2k is w2k-522.zip

Even though they are offical, they still don't work for me frown Only problem I see is AGP is disabled in DirectX.....

Sorta bad eh?

I've ought to try em out here...

Be back once i've checked em out.

works just fine for me agp and everything else is working

How about opengl refresh rate, is it still 60hz in games (if inf file not edited)?

Yeah, it appears you still have to edit the .inf file to get decent refresh rates in OpenGL (btw, I never got the vid_refreshrate or whatever command to work in Q3, so the .inf file is the only way to go).

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Ok, I've got some 3.x version on my 2k machine currently. Any specific installation procedures for these new ones?

CO

Installation Instructions:

Don't.

:}

Seriously, all of the 5.xx series drivers cause numerous system-level problems under W2K. I cannot for the life of me understand why NVidia chose to release the rev 5.22 ones as official reference drivers. Now, thousands of people who shied away from the leaked betas are going to try these and be very, very unhappy.

Be careful. Good luck. God bless.

Hmmm, thx Dragon-Lord, I may heed the warning! Oh, btw, for those of you having refresh rate probs, I use powerstrip and it works like a charm, as long as your using NVIDIA drivers!

Well, I got 5.22 drivers working just fine.

I have to leave the settings in Nvidia panels at default, otherwise games start to crash the system. Something to do with DirectX. OpenGl, AGP works great.

Quake3, Unreal, NFS5, SIn, Half-Life look great in 32 bit color and 1124x768.

Win2k

Dual P3 500Mhz

512Mb Ram

2 Scsi3 10k rpm hardrives

SBlive

TNT2 Ultra

SuperMicro Motherboard

After reading all these people complaining about the 5.22 drivers, I had to try them myself. Over the last months ive been reading about people who have problems with certain video drivers, blaming the drivers or whatever. I've tried 3.65, 3.69, 3.75, 3.76, 3.78, 3.79, 5.13, 5.14 and now 5.22, on the same install of win2000 and I havent had any major problems like otheres have said. I mean, older drivers like 3.65, 3.69 used to give me some lockups with certain games for hardly any reason, but ever since 3.79 or so I havent had one problem. Some other people have had success with the drivers like myself, some dont. Since the drivers work for some, I highly doubt that the drivers are 'stuffed' and people should stop blaming them. If anything, it has got something to do with your system setup and configuration. I mean, if they didnt work for anyone, sure, they could be stuffed, but the fact that they do work for most people means that there is probably nothing wrong with them. Just my view on the situation, and my reply to anyone who asks if they should use the 5.x drivers (or any beta nvidia drivers); try them for yourself, I doubt you have the same configuration and hardware that people have that might be telling you not to use the drivers, so just see for yourself.

dual p3-500

256mb pc100

asus geforce v6600 deluxe

gigabyte 6bxd

I'm not too impressed with the new drivers. Everything still seems to work, but in UT I've lost about 6 fps when going from the last official (3.78) drivers. Any suggest any tweaks to help correct this? what about the setting for FSAA?

Its not really the fact that games crash. Were used to that. Its the fact that when you run Dxdiag there is a "disbled" button/function. That seams to really get to people. I mean, I ain't ever seen it enabled on my TNT, yet when I do (one day) I don't envisage a major speed boost of 10000000% or something. Well thats seams to be the importance of AGP these days. If AGP was so good why do some newer cards have 64MB memory (except voodoos cause half/quarter is wasted in antiquaited chips, can't they just bang together a big chip with them inside the casing, who would know? Nvidia do it.). 64MB cards was never intented. Was it?

smile theres no other way

------------------

System Spec:

FIC VA-503+ 1.1b bios JE438

CPU Current Limiter Disabled

AMD K6-2 550 (300 when I talk to FIC tech support)

128Mb SSi PC100

STB Velocity 4400 16Mb PAL TV-Out

Hauppauge Wintv

Realtek 8029 LAN

Creative ES1371 (PCI64v)

56.6K (AkA 44k) ISA Modem

Creative 48mx CDROM

Memorex TriMaxx200(DVD/CDR/CDRW, 6,4,24)

Maxtor 91301U3 13Gb

LS120

and com and lpt i/o conflict error during bios startup.

Hardware fault caused by win2k beta3 and dodgy bios, now irrepairable.

Whats this disabled stuff that I hear some people saying with the official 5.22? Under display in dxdiag, there are three things under DirectX features. DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, AGP Support. For me, these are all enabled and can be disabled, and im assuming they can be enabled again after that.

We are talking about W2K, aren't we?

Cause 5.13 is the only one that works for me, but I had to set my V770nU to 2X, but results in no crashes or lock-ups. With the new Det2, I've set the card to 4X (fast-write disabled) but it still won't allow me to go higher than 1024x768 or it'll freeze for sure, other than that no problems. Although DXDIAG reports no AGP support.

P3V4X (+ VIA4in1422 + AGP403)

PIII533EB, 256Mb PC133

V770nU, SBLIVE, A-2940U2W, W2K

I used to have the same problem of only 5.13 drivers working, but I figured out why I couldn't use the newer drivers. The problem was that I had a setting in my MOBO BIOS that wouldn't let me continue with the boot. I have an ABit BX6/-R2 they both have this problem, and the setting that I had was AGPCLK/CPUCLK set at 1/1. The proper setting is 2/3 for all drivers after 5.13. I hope this helps

Hey, drivers are workin great here.. Though i don't have any dxdiag to run to check for agp support.. but as far as games are concerned they are working great smile

whoohoo

I have not had any problems with the drivers since upgrading. I have not had any problems with anything in my system since everyone has released better drivers.

My System:

Dual PIII 850's

Tyan Thunder 2400 Mainboard

256 Megs Ram

Adaptec Ultra 160 Scsi Card

1 - 18 GIG Ultra 160 HD

2 - 18 GIG U2W HD

1 - 9 GIG Ultra 160 HD

Plextor UltraMax Wide 40x CD-Rom

Plextor 12/14/32 CD-R

Sony 10x Scsi DVD

CL Geforce DDR

CL SB Live

For those who say they can't use this driver but can use that driver, etc, etc.. I used to have this problem and after much of the experiment I finally found out that the reason behind this is that the previous driver have not been cleanly uninstalled.

Another possibility is that when the install wizard ask you Do you want to

Search for a suitable driver for my device or Display a list of the known drivers for this device so that I can chooose a specific driver.

Be sure to choose the latter one. I have problem if I choose the first option, it somehow seems to be using a mixture of both the new and the old driver.. ending up with lots of problem, eg: Opengl lockup in games, garbage screen, purple screen, yellowish screen, pinky screen, extraordinary slow motion benchmark result, etc, etc. While if I choose the second option, it would use a new driver. And they always works better than the older version.

Hopefully this is a piece of information that might help you guys that have such problem.

Sources that can be look up for on totally uninstalling nvidia driver is from http://go.to/geforcefaq

Wheyhey! Via's latest patch has enabled AGP and it finally works smile

------------------

System Spec:

FIC VA-503+ 1.1b bios JE438

CPU Current Limiter Disabled

AMD K6-2 550 (300 when I talk to FIC tech support)

128Mb SSi PC100

STB Velocity 4400 16Mb PAL TV-Out

Hauppauge Wintv

Realtek 8029 LAN

Creative ES1371 (PCI64v)

56.6K (AkA 44k) ISA Modem

Creative 48mx CDROM

Memorex TriMaxx200(DVD/CDR/CDRW, 6,4,24)

Maxtor 91301U3 13Gb

LS120

and com and lpt i/o conflict error during bios startup.

Hardware fault caused by win2k beta3 and dodgy bios, now irrepairable.

I find this drivers extremely unstable with my sytem, it makes my computer lock-up/reboot. All the 5.x drivers has been a little unstable for me (3.x is rock-stable), but not this unstable. It really sucks, because the speed of these drivers are great.

------------------

P2 400@516

ABit BX6 2.0

Creative TNT2 Ultra

192MB Ram

WD 8,4GB

WD 30,7GB

Teac 4x/12x CD-R

Creative 5x DVD

I just picked up a diamond Viper V770 ultra and it works great under windows 98, but under 2000 it causes the system to randomly reboot. any ideas why this is happening? you guys say that the 3.x drivers can be more stable for more people...where can I get them? nVidia only has the 5.22 on their site.

------------------

-andrew

Asus P5A w/ K6-2 400

Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

128 mg ram

Philips CD-RW

Creative DVD w/DXr2 decoder

Sblive Value