Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sa[i]nT

Buslogic, yamaha, via tech & win2k

Heyz.

I've got this reeaally anoying problem with win2k.

I installed it fine and dandy, all working after i used that tinywiny .inf Via recently shared with us.

Now, today i had to remove my cdrom and to my surprise, win2k took forever to load.

I looked @ the lights of my Yamaha CDrecorder and it was blinking like it used to, but now it just kept blinking.

When it finished booting and i get to explorer, to my amazement my cdr wasn't there.

Acording to my Event Viewer the error was this:

"The device, \Device\Scsi\flashpnt1, did not respond within the timeout period. "

Source : flashpnt

this error is allover the event viewer pane, with timestamps with 11 seconds of interval.

Now, it all worked *before* I removed the cdrom (an hitachi model), but when i boot *after* removing it (i disabled it prior to physical removal) the scsi board just went catatonic on me.

My setup is as follows:

1st mainboard with viatech chipset (sorry but i can't seem to find out what particular chipset)

AMD K6-2 350

Diamond Viper 550C

Buslogic Flashpoint Scsiboard

2 HDs (one on IDE1, other on IDE2)

1 CD-Rom (hitachi, on IDE1)

Yamaha cdr200 (not sure about the model, it burns @ 2x and reads @ 6x...pretty old)

i think it's all that matters

thx for any help

Have you checked that the drive is terminated properly, and that if you have parity selected in the BIOS to make sure that it is setup on the CDR.

Another thing to do is to check to see if it has enabled DMA access to the drive.

OR

You can make a boot disk and launch into DOS and see if your drive works there if it does then its a driver issue and see the above point if it does not work then it could be the drive is either damaged or that the SCSI card and CDR are not comunicating due to:-

* Not terminated properly

* Both not set to Parity only

one or the other

* IRQ conflict

* DMA turned on for CDR

* OR just coincidence CDR is broken