Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

Windows 2000 Service Pack 1

If this is not called a beta, I would label it as the most unicivilised patching exercises since slice bread. consider the full install takes about 300MB, a service "rewrite" weight in 200MB, simlpy a waste of the already congested web bandwidth.

--

I know I need to be off, anyway....

O.K Alex thank you for the link! It was excactly what I was after smile

tylau,

Are you talking about the service pack 1 patch? It will around 62MB size when it is done, for you to download.

The service pack beta available for msdn members contain the update file and a folder with all files loose I belive

I seems to have problem accessing msdn.microsoft.com download centre.

I have entered my Microsoft Online ID. But it just doesn't let me in. Reload the page again for me.

Now what should I do?

------------------------------------------

It says:

Account Information

Please select your program and enter either your Subscription ID number exactly as it appears on your MSDN Subscription Card or your MCSP Membership ID.

Please review and correct the items marked as required.

The Microsoft Online ID you have entered will be permanently associated with MSDN Subscriber ID or the MCSP Membership ID you will enter below. Please consider this when registering your Membership with the MSDN Subscriber Downloads.

Note: If the current Microsoft Online ID is not appropriate for being permanently associated with your Membership ID, you may wish to cancel out of registration and start over selecting a more appropriate Microsoft Online ID.

Program: Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN)

Microsoft Certified Solution Provider (MCSP)

Subscription or Membership ID:

Are you legitimately an MSDN member? Just because you have an MS Online ID does not give you access to MSDN.

The approximate charge for MSDN is US $2500 for the first year, and $2000 for each renewal year. There is another level down, which does not offer as many developer components, and that is $800 or so.

tylau: if you missed my previous comments, the service pack is 60MB for the full version. MSDN members are downloading a CD image, hence the large size.

Any of you think about using its slipstream ability to patch a win2k install? I think that would be interesting.