Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kgeissler

Lexmark 5700

I spoke with Lexmark today about Win2k drivers for the 5700 and was told they aren't going to make any drivers for this printer because they could not get them to work.

What a bunch of crap. Time to by an HP or Epson.

Hi,

I remember someone posting a message here saying that they managed to get a 5700 to work using the Lexmark 3200 hack. Try the search button; as far as I can remember it under one of the Posts regarding Lexmark 3200. I'm sort of surprised that they told you they will not make drivers for 5700 because I just received an e-mail saying the 3200 drivers will be ready in a few weeks?! Then again, it's Lexmark we're dealing with here, so who knows what they're up to...

Andy

I used the Lexmark 5700 NT4 drivers and everything worked fine. They look & feel different from the 9x drivers - but they work in Win2K 2195.

Did you try this?

I did try the NT 4.0 drivers.

It puts my printer in the "Other Devices" catagory. The printer works fine, but everytime I boot it wants to install the printer again.

Hi,

It's not the installation program that puts your Lexmark in the "other devices" category, it's Win2k that does it. Since it's a PNP printer, Windows recognizes this, but since it doesn't have a driver for it, it doesn't know what device it is --> other devices. At least that's how I understood it.

I had my Lexmark in the other devices right from the beginning, way before I installed any drivers. One way to avoid the installation everytime you boot is to keep your printer turned off while booting (or not boot often wink )

Andy

Just FYI,

Lexmark has release Win2000 drivers for the 5700. They are on their website.