Compatible Support Forums
HalibutStance

USB adapter for Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel?

The subject line pretty much says it all - I replaced my old game-ported m/b Micron with a new one built around an Asus M3A78-EMH. Of course, it has no game port for my Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel. Since it has quite a few USB ports and internal card slots are at a premium, I'd rather use a female game port to USB adapter to connect it rather than throwing in an older audio card - if that's possible. Anyone know of an adapter that will work for certain in this application? Thx.

Yeah, you can get an oldie like mine to work in XP - I had it working just fine until I built my new box. Just not enough PCI slots on the mother to justify slapping in some sort of a card just to run the wheel. Everywhere I've gone online, everything I've seen, indicates that there is no adaper made that'll handle the port conversion. My wheel's seen quite a bit of hard use over the past 8 or 9 years anyway, so I might just break down and pop for a USB Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel - it's a great device, and I've probably gotten my money's worth out of the one I have.

Thanks for checkin' in.