Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zanirzrold

Mechwarrior 2: Mercanaries

I have the game installed fine, and even put the mercswin application in windows 95 compatible mode, but nothing I do seems to work (I am using Windows XP by the way). Is there something else I have to set compatible to windows 95?

Download the Mechwarrior 2 fix from here and follow the instructions:

http://sites.google.com/site/mw2mercxp/

Right-click on mercswin.exe and apply Windows 95 compatibility mode.

Also download the "View Distance Modifier" from Mech2.org to increase the view distance.

Well I tried that, after I updated it to version 1.10 (I think at least, is there a way to check?). Anyways, I went to that page but I can't find the zip file he is talking about. There is a link at the top of the page saying something like "page superceded by MW2HOOK which I clicked on. This gives 3 versions, and none of them work. If I click the first one it says "I couldn't fin any game installations on your machine!

Shortcuts can be made by:

-creating a shortcut to mw2inject.exe (in the installation directory) with the arguments set to the game executable.

-Compatibility mode set to Windows 95 on the game executable but not the mw2inject shortcut (go to properties for the main exe, compatibility tab)."

The second one labeled (Titanium Beta 1) works up until it reads my mechwarrior folder, then says something to the effect of "this game has titanium beta, this version does not work with it go to warp13.co.uk for updates."

The third one just doesn't work at all. Help?