Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MajorGeek

Get It A Week Early My Butt

RedHat 9.1, 168 hours to go... Oddly enough, about a weeks time to download... FTP on RedHat is even worse, why release it if theres no mirrors, this isnt an advantage, its frustration. I got 90 megs in on one disk using FlashGet and it stopped. Once again, these guys need to learn to market better or Linux will remain right where it is as far as desktop market is concerned. Most desktop\home users dont want to be bothered. Sorry, I am sick of paying money and not getting what I paid for (cant download RedHat, Lindows still wont run on my pc, etc). Good old Windows is chugging along fine though smile

Yeah, got confused with all the recent releases of Mandrake or something wink I got half the first ISO though wink

Anyone actually get it? All day long at 20 kb with Flashget and gave up last night, this morning Flashget says file size has changed, so back to square 1. Glad I paid to get it a week early, wish they would have told me they meant it would take a week to download it frown

Used BitTorrent well before this thread, was getting 16 Kb or so. Its probably faster now then it was a couple days ago though. After 3 full days and Flashget, I finally got it. The second link you posted is dead, I assume RedHat is squashing any mirrors, as their own downloads are cached and for subscribers only. Oh well, this sort of execution is to be expected from a company who only ships their items like tshirts, mousepads, etc., UPS Second Day Air, then takes 2 weeks to actually fill the order. I sent them an email to inform them of my displeasure of the handling of this and have not heard back. Go figure. Microsoft must be worried wink