Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

my thoughts about the compatibility results

its quite funny that you test all those windows applications if they run on linux. someone should try running linux apps under winnt and post it on ntcompatible, it will be a looooong row of NO. smile

maybe you should try finding native linux applications that fullfill the tasks you want. since this is linuxcompatible and not winonlinux compatible. maybe a list of good replacement products would be an idea .. like if you need something that works like acdsee use pixie or something like that.

but maybe i fail to see the idea of this page so dont mind to tell me if i am completely of topic

so here you got something to reply as there is not much traffic on these boards yet laugh

Well, LinuxCompatible would list all applications compatible with Linux wouldn't it? Listing Linux apps as Linux compatible seems kind of redundant if you ask me. NTCompatible was different in that not all windows apps ran under all versions of windows (the FF series comes to mind as having problems with NT/2k/XP). All Linux apps should be compatible with Linux in general, allowing that you meet the apps dependencies.

Now, how this site differs from http://appdb.codeweavers.com/ is a completely different question.