Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kingman2

Which is higher SCSI card? 29160 ? or 29160N?

Which is higher SCSI card? 29160 ? or 29160N?

I think 29160 is higher one

but price of 29160N is higher than 29160(without N)

I'm about to order it now..

can you tell me which one is ?

thanks

This is what the Adaptec site says about these cards (one is 32bit pci other is 64 bit pci) BELOW.

Adaptec SCSI Card 29160N [top of page]

Ultra160 SCSI performance, with easy connectivity to internal hard disk drives and external narrow SCSI devices

The Adaptec SCSI Card 29160N is tailored to the needs of small multi-user work group servers and powerful workstation users. This 32-bit PCI card gets the most out of high-performance Ultra160 SCSI internal hard drives and the widest selection of popular external SCSI devices.

Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 [top of page]

Maximum Ultra160 SCSI performance, with greatest connectivity options for internal and external hard disk drives

The Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 is tailored for the entry level to mid-range server environment. It delivers the maximum throughput for a single channel Ultra160 SCSI card by using a 64-bit PCI interface. The Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 allows for connecting Ultra160 SCSI (LVD) or legacy hard disk drives, internally and externally.

I would make sure any drives you have are ultra160.

Good Luck...

if you can get the 29160 cheaper than the 29160n, go for the cheaper one, i also did smile.

It's a 64bit PCI card! (and still works in a standard 32bit PCI). You'll get four scsi connectors which you can use at all the same time, two of them (external + one internal) being LVD scsi, the two other internal ones are just U(W). Quite nice wink

Yep - the 29160 is a PCI 64bit card - will work in a 32Bit slot though - I'm running one in this configuration at the moment - the 29160N is a 32 bit PCI card. Get the 29160 - if you don't have a 64bit PCI slot now, you may have one in the future.