Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sensei

Forcing AGP 1x

Is there any way to force my Xentor 32 into AGP 1X mode without using Powerstrip? Everytime I try to use the function in Powerstrip, I get a hard lock. So, my hands are kind of tied at this point. Basically, my system is instable at AGP 2X and the performance hit is very small when going to AGP 1X so I figured I'd drop it down a notch. I just can't figure out how.

Pete

Did you try disabling AGP support in DXdiag?

You may also reduce AGP aperture in the bios to 16 MB or less. This should disable AGP 2x.

Worth checking smile

Yeah. I'd be willing to give those registry files a try. Most of the Nvidia entries in the registry look identical to those in 98. I think it might just work. Just email them to me at pbryant@fastlane.net

Pete

You can try to use this .reg files I use under Win98. I can change AGP 1x,2x,3x and Fastwrites ON/OFF with it. It can works under Win2000. It appears to works for me under my Geforce 256 (I suppose TNT does it).

miguelidanez - could u mail the registry settings to? I am having some trouble with the same... but who hasn't??

------------------

AMD Athlon 500MHz

FIC SD-11

ASUS V6800

128MB RAM

20,5 GB IBM HD

You may also want to try RegTweak, a nice little prog which will do the job of reading and setting reg keys for you.

You'll find it at reactorcritical, nvidia/utilities section.