Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aegeas

ASUS 6600/6800 Geforce Bios

There is a new version out that enables Side-band addressing for your agp. This is for win9x/NT/2k.

When you run the executable you may receive an error about a vxd file. If this occurs then try flashing the card in a win9x machine.

Under 2k this helped my OPENGL performance quite a bit. Load times, etc improved. D3D still doesnt work as this is not driver fix.

What file did you use? I've noticed there are a lot of BIOS upgrade available for ASUS-cards....

The file name was... 2k66sgo2 I believe.

Check the asus ftp site and then sort the directory by date last modified. Make sure you get the appropriate version i.e. SDRAM or SGRAM. The file, during setup will ask you if you would like to upgrade to "Side-Band Addressing" on your card. Be certain to answer yes. Once this is done the bios version you see when you are booting will have the letters "SBA" after the bios revision number. Good luck.

Kinda funny thing is that i have in my v6800 Dlx a newer bios then available for download... =)

I have 2.10.02.10.02 and the latest on their FTP/WWW is 2.10.02.10.01.

Strange... Ehhh...? =) Just bought the card and i know the first deliverence on v6800Dlx had some HW trouble. But this is one of the "good" ones... Maybe has something to do with that? =)

Does this Side-banding give any significant performance improvements?