Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Candyman

Smart and Friendly CD Burner not burning

I have a SAF 2224 burner. Just recently my burner has just stopped burning all together. I have burned many successful cd's under win2k, so I'm pretty sure it's not a compatibility issue. When I attempt a burn, my software says that it was burned successfully. However, when I look at the cd I can see that it has not been written to at all. I've tried burning with Nero and Fireburner. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and cleaning the burner. I'm running out of ideas on what to do. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

I had the same problem with this product, unfotunately, the laser had stopped working. As I bought the drive in the States (I live in England) returning it wasn't an option - unfortunately I had no option but to replace it - covered by household insurance though.

[This message has been edited by Damien (edited 07 May 2000).]

I had a similar problem a while back; for a while I could burn CD-Rs in Win2k without any problems, but then suddenly I started getting coasters. WinOnCD claimed that the CD had been created successfully, but when I tried accessing it, there was nothing on it.

The problem in my case was the type of CD-Rs I was using; I was simply trying to put too much stuff on a cd. Are you mainly using 80min/730mb(703mb data) cds? If this is the case, then try putting a bit less data on it. Then again, if you don't usually fill the entire cd anyways, this may not be relevant in your case.

Andy

I thought about the cdr's being the problem as well. But, the cdr's are the same one's that I had been burning successfully previously. Even so, I did try burning on a different kind of cdr (700mb) and that didn't work either frown.

have you had any luck with the burner on a 9x system??

You check your ASPI layer to make sure its working??

You try anything other than nero and fireburner??

From what you've said the CD's arent actually being burnt - this certainly suggests a haraware defect to me, get you're drive checked out - I think you have a problem with you're laser.

[This message has been edited by Damien (edited 10 May 2000).]