Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TrakerJon

Mandrake 9.1 Rocks!!!

Well, this newbie is throughly impressed to say the least. The latest releases of OpenOffice and Mozilla are a nice touch. The hardware recognition on my desktop and laptop were flawless. Installed Wine, Sun Java JRE 1.4.1, Macromedia Flash and RealPlayer without issue. Converts MS fonts like a champ. The only gripe I have is Menudrake still hoses up the menu a bit when you add things at random. Overall I give it an A- and would recommend it to most anyone.

Yeah, I love it. It's great that it includes almost all the packages a newbie needs (except for nvidia drivers) like xchat, kopete/gaim, mplayer, xmms, mozilla, wine and many more.

The only thing bothering me is the fact that I can't use my M$ Explorer 3.0 mouse with the usb connector. It mouse stops working(freezes) randomly, especially EVERY TIME I launch MDK Control Center. So I have to use the USB -> PS/2 adaptor which came with the mouse. But the mouse moves much more quickly and responsively using USB. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Btw, It was even worse in MDK 9, there the mouse wouldn't work at all using USB.

have you tried a usb keyboard yet. i am about to install mandrake 9.1 and was wondering about usb keybords.