Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timex

malfunctioned device....sony hdr-sr 12

I'm having a very annoying problem about this Sony HDR-SR12 camcorder and Maxtor external HDdrive

"USB not recognize" problem when I connect it to any USB ports.Everything is OK in the Hardware Device Manager..no yellow exclamation point anywhere particularly in the USB part. I've tried plugging another device into the port where the malfunctioning device would always be and there are no problems.

both devices were working properly yesterday...??????....

You did not mention what computer system that you have. The main point is that are the USB ports USB 1.0 or 2 compliant?

What about the hardware that you are using? One often sees this problem when plugging in USB 2 compliant devices into 1.0 ports.

What is the hardware that works in the ports?

Are you using USB ports off the back of the system (attached to the motherboard itself), or front mounted USB ports on the case?

You should always try and use the same ports with the same hardware, but try to use different ports for each piece of hardware. Do not use one port for all hardware that you swap around.

Sony mentions that the camcorder is not supported in Windows XP 64 bit version.

Also, do a search on the forums for USB not recognized or USB malfunction and you will get a lot of hits.

Do you have the current chipset and system drivers installed on your system?

Lastly, sometimes the ports get a build of static charge. You can fix this by unplugging the power cable from the case, then hold down the on/off button for about 5 seconds. This removes ant resident or static charge on the ports.

...system is xp profesional version 2002 servis pack 2.

and how about external hdd....the comp couldnt even recognize device...

can you tell me what is device failed enumeration?i just install some software which is showing parameters of my comp.and one of the ports where the camera was plugged in shows me ...enumeration