Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Battleship

What Bus Speeds does the ABIT BE6-2 Support?

I am thinking of getting one of these suckers to do some serious overclocking. I have a celeron 433 now running at 541 (83 Mhz bus) on a BE6. Problem is next bus speed up is 100 Mhz and it will not make that jump. I am also planning on getting a P3 running at the 133 Mhz bus in the near future and then overclock that more as well.

Thanks

I have BF6 (thats the same as BE6-2 except UDMA66). Bus speeds 66,75,83,84-200 in 1MHz steps but i dont think u will help yourself so much buying this mobo. I can overclock my 400 celery max. to 86x6 (516). If i try higher FSB system isnt much stable and randomly restarts (Win2k, WinMe) ... but if u r gonna buy P3 thats a good choice

I do agree with z3org on the whole, in general, the higher the speed rating of you're celeron processor, the less you can overclock it. However, I have also found that abit motherboards allow celeron cpu's to run higher with stability than othewr boards I'ved used. Case scenario, I have a secondary machine with a celeron 466. I can easily run this at 586 on my BE6. On my Iwill BS100 I could only ever reach 540 - even though the Iwill would support the same bus speed that allows my Celeron to run at 586 on the Abit. In conclusion, I don't think that this is enough of an increase to warrent a new motherboard. Instead, I would spend the money (and a little extra of course)on say a PIII 550 or an Athlon system (very good machines, my primary macine runs with an Athlon 800 which has given excellent performance). These chips have bigger caches and multimedia instrucion sets (SIMD and 3DNOW) which greatly enhances applications that support them.

The BE6-II has single digit increments from 83mhz to 200mhz...not that i recommend running anything @ 200 mhz, but it is a great board for o/c...you can try any speed in between and see what happens...it is jumperless, but there is a dim switch also, so you can adjust the board manually if you "accidently" over shoot your o/c smile