Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fireman

Troubles with Intellimouse Explorer

Hi there,

Just a quick question - does anyone also have this: When i switch to 'Standby' in Win2k and than restart the pc, my Intellimouse Explorer (on USB) seems to have lost all benefits of the Intellimouse Software (v3.1a), as doubleclick on wheel, higher speed, jump to default button and so on. Seems to me that the software don't initialises after the restart?

Does anyone also have this problem and maybe a solution for it?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Vienna,

------------------

Ciao, Robert smile

---

Hey Robert - I am using the same mouse in usb mode and can standby and hibernate with no ill-effect caused to the functioning of the mouse. What type of mobo/usb chipset are you using?

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Hi Shrink,

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrink:

Hey Robert - I am using the same mouse in usb mode and can standby and hibernate with no ill-effect caused to the functioning of the mouse. What type of mobo/usb chipset are you using?

I'm using a P3/450, 256Mb, Voodoo3/3000, SBLive! on an Asus P3B-F, full SCSI-System without any ISA-Card.

Hmmm, maybe a drivers-fault - i've downloaded IntelliPoint 3.1a again and will try a fresh install...

------------------

Ciao, Robert smile

---

Probably a good idea to uninstall the mouse as well and restart from scratch. I have a BX chipset mobo, SBLive Value and a Voodoo3 3000 as well with no problems. The only other thing might be the SCSI devices having problems with power management and it somehow interfering with the mouse (especially if the SCSI bus is sharing an irq with the USB Controller). Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Hi again,

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrink:

Probably a good idea to uninstall the mouse as well and restart from scratch. I have a BX chipset mobo, SBLive Value and a Voodoo3 3000 as well with no problems. The only other thing might be the SCSI devices having problems with power management and it somehow interfering with the mouse (especially if the SCSI bus is sharing an irq with the USB Controller). Good luck!

Good Note - this could be the point! As usual in Win2k and an ACPI-system, all devices are shared at irq 9!

------------------

Ciao, Robert smile

---