Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[CaF]Viper

Help.....no one helped in my other message...plz!!!

Okay i have this problem that yesterday i upgraded to the latest detonator 5.14 driver and i installed it and after reboot my comp would crash so i fixed it and tried 5.13 and it didn't work then i went back to 3.69 then i got the one that they habve so far at nVidia 3.78 so i am running that now but i have this problem it looks as if my icons are at 256 colors and when i change my Color palet in display properties i only have 256, 16 and 32 bit so if i try any of then it doesn't change anything all my icons look like **** im pissed ive tried everything plz help...if you would like to have a pic of the differences plz message me in this forum or ...

ICQ#: 27955796

E-mail: viper69@telusplanet.net

Thanks in advance!

and umm.....just to tell u it looks as if the icon are not 3d anymore i dont even know if they where ever 3d but they looked like it and now they dont plz help! Thanks again!

Diamond V700 Ultra 32mb

:::

Riva TnT 2 Ultra

and i read the other info ppl gave me and now the only new thing is that my screen saver works i still have my wakked desktop icons and proggie colors!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg.....f*ck this is pissing me off my whole color palet is ****ed the colors are wakked some grey colored thing are now blue wtf i really need help i cant live with this **** color and i dont wanna format or re-install and i am douting that a re-install would fix! Ppl if you ifnd a solution iw ill ouv u for life thanks in advance!

Okay, when you switched drivers, did you do it in safe mode??

If not, do this....boot up into safe made, unistall your video card. Boot back up into regular mode and it will detect it. Then install the 3.78 drivers from nvidia, or better yet, install the drivers from the cards manufacturer, not nvidia, which is the chips manufacturer.

Then reboot and see what happens. If it doesn't work....Pop in your win2k cd and reinstall the OS. YOU WON'T LOSE ANYTHING....DON'T WORRY! Just reinstall onto the same partition. This is going to overwrite and recreate your registry. Your problem is that your registry is all fooked up. A reinstall will clean it. Then reinstall the 3.78 drivers. They are the only released ones...the others are betas. I had probs with them too.

I hope this helps. smile

Ahhh thanks HarU okay umm....know i re-installed the 5.14 and wtf they work...this is f*cked..very quire my color is still different but i dont think the drivers did this i might just re-install or try what HarU said because there might have just been a error or fault in the installation and it screwed it up...hey i think not today but l8tr if need i will boot in safe mode uninstall the driver boot up windows then detect it then upgrade...i hope this works hehe...thanks alot and if this color palete thing is fixed well all i have to say u r a life saver thanks...could the video driver really screw up just the icons because thats the only thing that is really screwed i really dont think it is the drivers fault i think it might be something .. esle so if anyone ever had their icons looking wakked then plz tell me cause ummm...well thanks!

L8tr ppl thanks for all yer help if there is anyone who knows more plz tell me i will be willing to learn!