Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mote

Finally got my Live! working properly

Well, I've spent weeks scouring this board and various sites, as well as constant e-mails to (and from) Creative Labs tech support. However, for some unknown reason I could not get any sound from my rear speakers. Nada, zilch. Since I bought a Live! X-Gamer to replace my MX300 (which I figure will never see proper drivers from Aureal) I have tried re-installing Win2k, re-installing Liveware2000 (both multiple times) and had begun a "check-list" of any possible solution to try (I used to run O/S2 smile ). I had been trying different things when rebooting with "2 Speaker" setup under AudioHQ>Speaker. Well I began listening to a few mp3s when I decided to select "4 Speaker" output and poof, I got sound from all 4 speakers. This is the first time I had heard anything out of the rear speakers since I removed my trusty MX300. Now, I haven't rebooted since but I feel certain its finally working smile Here's another question though; can anyone explain why this worked? (yes, all of the wires have always been plugged in properly smile )

Well, i had that problem when i first got my sblive. There is a very simple fix. The audioHQ comes defaulted to having digital output on. You have to turn it off or you will always only get 2 speakers.

Make sure that is off, then plug that card back in and try it.

Hope this helps smile