Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mantle56

AGP not Supported???

Help,

Dual booting win98se and w2k and in both OS's when i run 'dxdiag', it states there is no agp support? These are both fairly fresh installs with all the latest and greatest drivers and bios revisions. Would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer. I am over clocking my system but it still occurrs even if i set it to the correct speed. the agp mulitiplier is set at 2/3 of cpu. the folling is my computer specs:

dual 400's @ 534mhz

192mb pc100 ram

bp6 motherboard w/qq bios

ibm 13.5gb udma66 7200rpm hd

ibm 15.3gb udma66 5400rmp hd

voodoo 3 2000 agp video card

win98/w2k

thanks...

I finally found someone that has the same problem as me.

I have a BP6 board with dual cele 400s and a Geforce ddr (3dprophet) and it is detected as a PCI card???????

Isn't that wacked out????

quake3 and soldier of fortune both detect it as a pci card.

I have also noticed that my system is not as fast as others with the same system....for example...fps in quake 3. Does this agp problem have anything to do with this?? And, how can i fix it??

any help is much appreciated. thx.

I had this problem too, from what i figured out, it is caused by something going wrong with direct3d... I have an Asus v6600 deluxe geforce, and for 2 days after a clean install of win2k, it was fine, then suddenly i lost d3d support, my icons became 16 color and movie playback stammered. someone on these boards posted this win2k directx7 kit made frrom the debug drivers, i installed that and it fixed everything, till it happend again, and the installations of the drivers didn't help anymore, couldn't fix it again, just a clean reinstall. i know this prob is related to d3d, and i tried all the reference driver versions beta and full, but no fix, except that d3d install thing

good luck if you find a solution...

Summoner

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Are you guys using the latest video drivers and the full version of 2000?

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

probably 2183, that's what happened to me. I had a BP6 and no problems

[This message has been edited by EddiE314 (edited 20 April 2000).]

thanks everyone,

actually, i am using the retail version of w2k build 2195. actually reinstalled w2k last night, actually to get acpi going with the qq bios (have abit bp6 mobo) and to see if i could get back my agp slot but still a no go as far as that. although, now my acpi is working which is sweet...

this is also occuring in win98se which i just installed about a week ago??

i also swapped out the video card with another agp card and still a no go. in w2k manager, it shows the video card as being in 'pci slot 1' when it is actually installed on the agp slot???

btw, this is with the latest and greatest drivers i could find.

i will give those drivers you posted a shot this evening. thanks everyone for your help, i will keep you posted to any failures/successes.

maybe the agp memory functions just don't work properly.

The agp port is a 64-bit pci slot with a few tweaks and different pinout. If you look carefully you will see it is identified in device manager as Location (PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0, where as standard PCI devices are listed as Location (PCI bus 0, device 9, function 1) etc.