Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[ZeCH]

IT REBOOTS! W2k? Or my Computer?

I'm running w2k on a P3 733mhz with Asus P3C-E motherboard. Sometimes the computer just reboots without warning, the screen just gets blank and reboots!? It happens especially when I have played Delta Force 2 for about 1 minute and when I'm trying to install my RealMagic Decoder! Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone also know what the critical degree of heat the P3 can handle? Mine is sometimes around 56 Celcius!

Help!

In win2k when you have a bsod it just reboots itself. This is what it sounds like. Are you overclocked? Also in tweaki or tweakui or something you can remove this feature so you will get the bsod. This might help you solve the mystery.

I've been having the same problems. ASUS P3C-D with dual 600E. If I stress test the system using distributed.net, then run UT the computer just reboots after a short while. I hit about 48C on both processors. In win98se UT gpfs instead, so I think it's a heat problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skywise:
I've been having the same problems. ASUS P3C-D with dual 600E. If I stress test the system using distributed.net, then run UT the computer just reboots after a short while. I hit about 48C on both processors. In win98se UT gpfs instead, so I think it's a heat problem.

Ok... I'll try the BSOD-thing or I'll buy a bigger fan! Thanx for the quick replies!

I had the same problems with cc820 motherboard from intel. These things really do reboot all on thier own, no blue screen no error message, the power just goes and BAM its rebooting. Sounds like the P3Cs are also from this chipset. If you check out intels discussion boards they will claim the problem is bad memory, while others rebut this with a loud cry of foul! on intels part. I'd have been interested in seeing how this all turned out but don't have time for spontanious reboots every time the wind blows the wrong way. Running stable with a via chipset at this point, no reboots. Good luck.

Just as a note, the rebooting problem could be caused if your power supply can't pump the system... I got a geforce with a 230w supply and it just reboots after some time in games

I am gonna buy a 300w supply, or rig another supply in, I hope that solves it...

g luck

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Try switching to a PCI video card. I had the same problem and found out there was something wrong with my AGP slot.