Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justingull

vortex2 and floppy drive?

I installed the latest Vortex2 drivers and 3d sound is great with the mx300. I get full 4 speaker support. The fantastic addition to my system is that now, when I try to access my 3.5" floppy drive, I get a lock-up from hell. No alt-tab, no ctrl-alt-del, nothing but a restart. Anybody else have this problem? I saw it listed on the ntcompatible front page, but no help as to what to do.

pIII 500 on Intel 440bx-2

Guillemot TNT-2 Ultra

128 MB RAM

mx300

no floppy problems here...but they do cause both UT and Q3 to hang on my dual box if 3d sound is enabled...

My friend has been having the exact same problem as you with every version of the drivers... only the built-in sound drivers will let him use the floppy drive. Very strange.... confused

Someone said their friend had the same problem. Were those Vortex2 drivers the latest ones from http://www.aureal.com/newa3d/download/drivers.asp?which=Vortex2? I wonder if a previous version didn't have problems.

Also, for those who don't have the problem, did you remove all those files and rename the .cab file like it asked? I tried to follow the setup steps exactly, but maybe I missed something, or could have avoided a step that someone else did.

By the way, who makes the posts that describe problems on the main page about hardware or applications? I'd like to email the guy that posted and said he was locking up too.

We tried the beta drivers when they first came out, and discovered the problem with the floppy then. So we uninstalled them and went back to the old ones, hoping that they would fix it in the next release.

Then just a few days ago we tried the new drivers, and boom.... the floppy still locked up the computer.

We followed the install directions to the letter, and it proceded exactly like the readme said it would. Still no good.

Has anyone found an address that we could write to Aureal to let them know about this?

I don't know if it will work, but I just sent an email to support@aureal.com. hopefully somebody will figure out a fix for this, because i doubt they will.