Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Summoner

geforce drivers

Hiya guys, I just got the Asus v6600 deluxe geforce card (it rocks, get it all of you 8)

anyway, i have 2 questions to you experianced users:

1)I am currently using the reference 3.81 drivers, they give d3d and ogl alright, but i don't see any control panel for setting options (this is a clean win2k install)

2)Which drivers should i install for the card (mind i want to enable the tv in, out and the stereo glasses)

Any help would be appreciated

Thx

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Well at the end of the day only the official ASUS drivers will support all of your card's features. Reference drivers are just that - the bare minimum to get the card running. GFORCE cards from different manufactures vary widely, so you only choice is to install your manufactures' drivers if you want to use every feature.

Man, look around - these questions have been answered a million times before.

In case you don´t know: The blue thing on the right top of the window that looks like 'search' (and that means 'look for something someone has asked or mentioned in this group before') if you drive your mouse over it and click with the left button on it there will another page open up - a little bit different than that one, but don´t be anxious. There you can enter the things you want to know, e.g. 'asus' or 'geforce' or, if you feel very brave, you can even try 'tv-out'....

Guys, it´s f.....g boring to answer the same stupid questions over and over again - just because you newbies are too ignoring and too lazy to search.

Have fun

Llion

Llion, in the time you *****ed at him, you could have answered his question. As far as i know, the leaked nvidia 5.13 refrence drivers will give your card the control pannels. Get them at www.reactorcritical.com under the download section.

Its a shame people are such asses to others on a helpful msg forum.

I hope this helps.

I agree, the leaked 5.13 drivers will do the job but the control panel still hasn't got all the options i like. If you need more controls to play with install powerstrip, it will give you loads of options.

statto79

Take it easy, Llion!

We all know about the search feature. We also all know that this is not always the best way to get latest return of experience from users of this forum. An answer posted one month ago do not necessarily close the debate on a particular subject.

This forum is there to find helpful people and to help others. It is also a good place to start new discussions on topics which are still relevant and I think the debate about Nvidia drivers and GeForce is far from being closed.

This forum is definitely not the monopolistic property of a few would-be gurus, a place where they could show their little knowledge and their lack of consideration for people they even do not know.

Coming back to the question of our very respectable newby (or not newby) colleague, the answer to-day (maybe next month there will be a more relevant one, search button or not)is to go with 5.13 and Powerstrip until Nvidia releases a new set.

This is my 0.02 cent contribution to the debate.

Thanx for your help, i'll install the 5.13 drivers... to answer that bored guy, i looked around, except that there are confilicting ideas bout the drivers, and most messages I found are to inst the 3.66 or 3.68 drivers(so DUH, they are not updated)

Thanx for your help anyway, I don't know if I'll inst the asus drivers cause they didn't give me direct3d for some reason, I reinstalled win2k and i used the reference

thanx again

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Yes, I agree on the issue of the whole searching issue... many of these topics become quickly confused and misleading. In the meantime, new info becomes available that warrants issuing a new topic. Esp for new members to our forum. Let's put aside our elitist attitudes and try to make this forum what it should be...a place to offer and find help for our chosen op system.

Keep the good work going guys.