Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CooMarlin

Any good cheap SCSI card recommendations?

My Advansys ABP 5140 ISA card will not function properly in Win2K. I'd like to replace it with a Win2K compatable PCI SCSI card. The only thing I need it for is my Panasonic CD Burner so I definately want to do it as cheaply as possible. Any recommendations? I saw the Tekram DC 315U PCI SCSI card that has win2K support for only $18. Anyone have any experience with this card? Apparently its much better than the DC 310 from the days of old.

Thanks for the suggestion. To be honest, money is pretty tight right now and I'd hate to spend $100 for a SCSI card that only needs to operate a CD-R. I don't need a card that has a bios or is bootable anything. I just need a cheap 50pin SCSI card that has zero win2K issues. I'd love to get an adaptec, but in all honesty it's probably overkill. I was quite happy with my lowly ABP 5140 ISA card in Win '98. Never gave me a bit of problems. Unfortunately win2K won't see my CD-r if I use that card. Thanks.

I use a Tekram 390F that I paid about $60 US for. I use it exclusively for my Plextor 32x reader and my Plextor 4x CDR. Works great and it is natively supported by Win2k.

Ed

I've got an Advansys PCI SCSI card, can't find the model number right now, but I remember it cost about $30 from buy.com.

I use it under W2K to run a Yamaha CD Burner, and a Pioneer DVDROM drive. Works perfectly.

Eeesh. Funny thing I see this post and Im like cool Im looking for a scsi card also for my new burner. So the first post I see says $100 and Im like 8) . Then the second post says $60 dollars and them Im like

frown Then someone else says $20 dollars and Im like laugh

Wow. I just bought the adaptec 2920 and only spent like $60 here in the US. And i thought that was kinda steap.

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys. I ended up going with the Tekram DC 315U PCI SCSI. $18. Supposedly it works fine with Win2K. I'll let you know if it doesn't. Thanks.