Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tony1c

I got nVidia 5.13 working w/ GeForce DDR...

I solved most of the terrible problems I had with the nvidia 5.13 drivers by setting my FSB speed to 90Mhz (from 100Mhz).

I think I'm buying into the theory that the new drivers just enable too many features on the chip and are overloading it somehow.

It's worth noting that I had _nothing_ overclocked previously and that I've got fans all the hell over the place.

Anyway I've been up for over a day now, and I've been playing Quake 3 and Thief II (amazing game BTW).

Hope this helps some of you,

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony1c (edited 09 April 2000).]

Have you done an extensive amount of testing?

I have a GeForce DDR and 733 Coppermine and I can crash the computer in D3d mostly if I want to (by resizing the Unreal Tournament Window over and over: computer will just restart). This is running at spec 133 FSB and even with ALL the memory timings at the lowest settings 3). I've tried putting the FSB to 100 (puts the cpu at 550): I can crash it. And I've tried putting the FSB at a measely 66 MHz FSB (Cpu at 366 what a joke). All the same results. I don't think it has anything to do with the cpu, memory, motherboard. You're observation, I believe is correct. The 5.13 drivers enable more features. However, they aren't perfect. But I have found the 5.13 Win98 drivers to be pretty flawless though.