Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

Easy Cd Creator 4.02 and Yamaha 6x burner

I installed Easy cd creator 4.0 and patched it to 4.02 and the program starts but when I try to burn a cd it tells me that it can't find any CD-R drives, but the drive is there and working ok.

Please help.

Thanks,

Dont use 4.02 I had a similar problem, Itd Burn the TOC (i use Disc at Once) and then itd just say ASPI error, but all the other burning programs work fine

Is your CD burner connected as a slave? If it is, try connecting it as master. I've tried three different brands of CD burners (connected as slave), the same problem occurs. Everything went fine after changing the drive jumpers.

Make sure you've got the latest Adaptec ASPI layer, then hit the Yamaha suport site and get the latest firmware for the drive...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Well making the burner the master drive won't work because my whole system is scsi.

Aha! Check the device order on the chain - some burners are SCSI-2 so should be "closer" to the controller than SCSI-1 devices.

Also, if it's the last device on a chain - check the termination, both it'f its on and if it's active or passive - and try and match the termination type on the controller.

hmmmm, I'll give it a try but everything works fine under NT 4.0/98 so I don't see why that would matter.

Thanks,

Hm. If you had mentioned that to begin with, I might have come up with better solutions.

It now comes back to making sure you have the latest ASPI layer and firmware for the drive.

Also make sure that in the "Media" tab for the device property page under "Comp Manage","Storage","Remov Storage","Phys Loc" has the correct media types defined.

I have a new MB I have to install, so I'll be doing a clean install in the next few days. I'm hoping I won't have any problems, but on a different note, I have installed Nero Burning Rom and it works just fine.

I have the same drive you do (or so it seems) and I've not updated my ver of ECC4 Deluxe and it works fine....I guess I'll forgo the update....