Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spastic Computer Guru

HP cd writer

I have just recently installed Win2K, now the Adaptec 3.5 software for the burner will not work on 2K, it says I need to update to 4.02, the problem is in order to update to 4.02 I need a previous vs of the software installed. Any ideas.......

Easy CD Creator (any version) should install without any problem.

However, you cannot upgrade your ECDC from v3.x to v4.x. You must buy the ECDC v4.0 in order to upgrade to v4.02

You sure?

I install 3.0.

Don't Reboot!

Install all the latest patches!

Reboot!

Start Burnin'!

Of course now I have 4.0 but the above worked fine for months!

Hmmm...I follow all the directions, install away. No crashes. But, when I run any of the Adaptec tools (Easy CD Creator Deluxe, Copier Deluxe, etc.) I get a message saying (from Adaptec CD Copier, for example) "This application is unable to use your CD-Writer because it is currently being used by Adaptec CD Copier."

So, the program says it is use by itself? Now, I can read from the CDR and I can write to it (or at least I don't get error message when testing)using the latest MusicMatch, but the Easy CD Creator 3.5c package won't work. It works fine under W98se, and I know I have gotten it to work in the past...

So, what gives, experts? :}

To Spastic Computer Guru:

You need to browse to the directory of the ECDC on your CD directly and install it.. Before you install, make sure you have the latest ASPI. I was using ECDC 3.5c for quite some times. Just recently I got my ECDC 4.02.

Dragon-Lord

Please check your task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)and see whether CDCopier.exe is in the process list? If they exist, you end task it. And try launch ECDC again.

>So, the program says it is use by itself?

No CDCopier is another program that came together with ECDC + DirectCD package.

Let's try this again...

If I run Adaptec CD Copier (v3.5c), it gives me a message saying it the CDR is in use by Adaptec CD Copier.

If I run Adaptec Easy CD Creator (v3.5c) it gives me a message saying it the CDR is in use by Easy CD Creator.

The task is not running twice, or already running in the background.

Any ideas?

:}

Any chance from Task Manager?

If not, I can't offer much help frown

Nothing in Task Manager. The programs aren't actually running twice. The Adaptec software is reporting itself...very strange.

:}

I ran out of ideas now. I once have this problem but it was the cdcopier which is not responding, I shut it down from Task Manager and it is gone.

How about rebuild the whole Windows all over again? Could be time consuming but might worth a try if it can solve your problem.

Anyway, I only have ECDC on my system. I heard it cause a bit of problem if you have more than one type of burner. Perhaps this might be one of the problem?