Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bundy845

bp6 and win2k

I had been running win2k with a 366 celeron @550 fine before. I added a second processor. If i try to boot at 550 then it tells me that my ntoskn.exe is corrupt. But if boot up with dual 366 win2k runs fine. I have gone in and change my system to be multiprocessor just fine. Anybody else had a similar problem or know of any fixes?

ABit bp6

dual 366 ( want 550)

256 megs of ram

wd 20.5gb 7200

creative tnt2 ultra

sb Live Value

One of your two Celeries may not like being o'clocked at 100 MHz fsb.

Try rising fsb speed step by step to find where your combo fails then tweak the core voltage to see if it helps.

W2K running perfect on similar config is quite common.

------------------

Abit BP6 - QQb1 bios - 2*Celery@583 MHz - 192 MB Pc100 Ram - Seagate 6 GB - Seagate 4 GB - HPT66 IBM 20 GB Ultra 66 - Iomega // Zip100 - Toshiba DVD SD-M1212 - CDR Sony CDU 928E - HP Deskjet 815C - Philips Vesta Pro Webcam - NIC Realtek Fast - Elsa Erazor X2 GeForce 256 DDR - Sound card Yamaha Sax - USR 56K Faxmodem - Dual boot WIN2K RC3 "Free" and Win 98

I agree FrogMaster you may also try increasing the voltage on the second cpu, the one that’s unstable. Be careful though.

The guys are right. I have Duel 366@550 on BP6. Alone they can do 550 at 2.05v but 2gether they need 2.2v to be stable. U can also drop the speed tp 500 (93Mhz bus) This can help and it will not harm yaa system and the performance difference is minimal.

Another thing that seems wierd is that the new celeron seems to be multiplier locked. I thought intel did this at like 400 or above. If i try and do any other fsb or multiplier i get defaulted to 500. I am running my core at 2.1

i had that problem, i had to reinstall win2k, and then smp worked fine

win2k 2195.1

abit bp6 mobo

dual celery 400's @ 550

384mb ram

etc...