Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Preatorian

Vortex WDM drivers!!!

www.mswin2k.net has released the latest vortex/vortex2 drivers for win2000 on their page. Here is a direct link to the drivers for those of you who are lazy: http://www.mswin2k.net/drivers/aureal.rar

Unfortunately, these are very basic and very beta drivers with no 4 spk support and no a3d support. However, they work fine w/SMP and ACPI and work for me whereas the NT4 will not. Cheers.

Why I'am not suprise by that if recall SBLive are the same way

After installing this drivers my system refuses to boot. Every time Windows is about to make a sound the whole thing bluescreens and locks the system !! (sound card mx300)

I have the same soundcard (MX300) and have d/l this zip file so I can get sounds under my Win 2000 beta 3(2013) but after seeing Igor's post, I am not sure to install it or not..I would rather have no sound than go through what Igor's going through.. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

08/13/99 - Vortex Windows 2000 drivers

You want 'em? We got 'em! It's been confirmed that Windows 2000 builds beginning with 2076 have WDM drivers for all three Vortex chipsets - 8810, 8820, and 8830. You can also download the drivers from here.

Note: These drivers are from Windows 2000 build 2076 and may or may not work with other builds or with Windows98 SE. Use at your own risk!!! Thanks to #WiN2000 for the info and drivers

http://www.vortexofsound.com/news.htm

So if you have a build earlier than 2076 there is a risk..

------------------

These new drivers are intended for latest build 2076 not for earlier builds like mine -2013, it says use at your own risk, Igor what is your build of Win2000 ? Maybe it isn't compatible with anything earlier.

I have 2072. The broblem was solved by booting to Win2k safe mode and removing the drivers smile

I guess I'll just borrow my friends SW64 and use that 4 now.

I'm running RC1 (build 2072) and I used those d/l'able drivers. My MX300 works well.. but not perfectly.

mp3's are doing a bit of popping... its slight but annoying... maybe a speaker problem... will investigate =]

Not sure why my install worked and igor's din't... =[

-ECC

[This message has been edited by ECC (edited August 15, 1999).]

I guess every1s computer is different. I'm starting to belive they actuly think.... Maybe my Win2k Just dosn't want me to listen to music 4 now smile

To fix the popping in MP3s, just turn winamp (or whatever) to directsound output mode instead of waveout output.

As for the boot probs I'm guessing that since it is an early beta driver that it may not work in all situtations... oh well

i just d\l'd the latest nt 4.0 drivers from aureal's site and they work great!

they are vers 2.04

they are here: ftp://ftp3.a3d.com/pub/Public/Drivers/Vortex/nt2.04.06.zip

they enabled my rear speakers!

as with any nt 4.o drivers you get the message that they are not designed for your hardware (or something to that effect) but they seem to work fine.

i am using an mx30 with b3

I just installed thouse reference drivers (made for build 2076) for the Aureal card (again) on Win2k build 2072 and got sound ! Even better... both front and back speakers work smile

The fix for me was tryong a different PCI slot smile

[This message has been edited by Igor (edited August 22, 1999).]

So here's my problem: drivers load no problem. The Aureal tray icon even appears in the systray and in control panel. that is where the problem starts, when I try and use the Vortex tools it gives me a "Could not open audio driver file." and I can not get it to load. I downloaded these from aureal (5.10.XXXX) any ideas?

i had the same problem

the way to fix it is to install the driver as is written in the doc file, from the zip that comes from a3dfan's site...

i think this is it: http://saturn.spaceports.com/~a3dfan/

get the zip from there, and do i t as the doc file says...it is a real mess, you have to take out inf's from all these backups windows makes

but it works, with a3d3 and 4 speakers... even better than on win98

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!