Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slkh

How to enable FSAA in Windows 2000?

How do I enable the FSAA function in Windows 2000 for my Geforce DDR?

In Windows 98, the key is located at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\Display\000x\NVIDIA\OpenGL\

EnableFSAA=1

I can't find this key in Windows 2000.

I can get as far as

Hkey_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services

Can't find Class under this category.

Please help

--

My configuration

1024x768x32 bit on Geforce DDR

Dual Celery 300A @ 450 Mhz on P6DGU

Pioneer 10x DVDROM

HP Writer 8100i,

Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2 Gb

Seagate Medalist Pro 6.4 Gb

The settings are available in the Display properties. You can find them under the Advanced/GeForce DDR/Additional Properties Tab. The window you will find here only shows a fewoptions, but if you scroll down, you will find what you need.

I got a huge slowdown (obviously) when I kept the same res (1024x768), but when I dropped that to 640x480 (with FSAA on), I got a comparable frame rate and it looked FANTASTIC! This was in Q3A/OpenGL.

:}

Oh, let me know if you get it to work with SMP. It used to work for me under the older drivers (albeit with crashes), but now I hang at agrey startup screen. Oh well...IMHO, these are the best drivers so far by a long shot...

I noticed a huge texture management bonus under LightWave 3D v6 using OpenGL as well...

:}

Yap, thanks Dragon Lord.

I tried what you have suggested. The frame rate drop to 5 fps at certain point on resolution 1024x768 32 bit Trilinear mode.

I try to boost up a little by having the S3TC turned on. The frame rate increase to 25 fps, playable but the graphics deteriorate quite a bit.

1) How did you turn on S3TC?

2) Has anyone succeeded in turning on the FSAA in Direct3D? It doesn't seem to retain the setting when you exit and go back in.