Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Me

nvidia driver wont install anymore!!!!!!! HELP

this is pissig me off bigtime. ive updated nvidia drivers in 2k many times just fine. i went to update the 378 to the 381. i went to device manager, chose update, pointed to the 381 and after copying somefiles, it gives an error at the end saying "the system cant find the file speciifed." so i restart and try to put the 378 back on. same error. i goto safemode, delete all nv*.* files, and try again. same error for both 381 and 378. now i cant get ANY driver to install. ive tried restoring files out of recycle bin and i few times i was able to get the default 2k drivers to work, but now those dont seem to either. what do i do?!?!? the LAST thing i want to do is format, cuz i did that 2 weeks ago and i have everything back to where it was (took me a week to get to this point!!)

and the cause of this? nfs5. got it today, it was eating up ram, so i deleted gimme.dll as per recommendation in the other forum. still no go so i try the 381 drivers and now 2k is screwed. enought of my rant, can someone help me atleast get the 378 drivers going again??

<edit> ok, i got the default win2k tnt2 driver going again. i deleted all the nv* files not related to the default driver and the oem* files. this way it was like it was when i first installed 2k. i tried up[censored] to 378, same d@mn error!!!!!!!!!! basically, win2k is useless now for all my games...

<EDIT> i got it working. </edit>

[This message has been edited by Me (edited 27 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Me (edited 28 March 2000).]

Try getting rid of the NV*.inf files. also you might wanna check the oem*.inf files for NV*.* strings. get rid of those.

then try to install again.

oh the path is %systemroot%\inf

[This message has been edited by Me (edited 28 March 2000).]