Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
seven5

wintv on win2k

I have used the drivers that this site has suggested using. And i used the application that they suggested. The one at the happaugge site. And everytime i load the program Wintv 32 AND Wintv 2000, they lock up. I tried both and they lock up everytime, i have to hit the reset button. Has anyone had this problem and overcome it. thanks. please help me with this guys, thanks again.

ps:

win2k pro build 2195

voodoo 3 3000 agp

wintv dbs stereo pci

450 amd k6-2

256megs of micron pc100 ram

sblive

thanks

[This message has been edited by seven5 (edited 27 March 2000).]

Make sure you have the cables plugged correctly in the back of the TV card. To verify this remove ALL cable from the TV card and start up a TV aplication. If the TV application starts up fine then you are not plugging your cables in correctly. Begin pluggin the cables in one by one. I know this works because I had the same problem while setting up my Wintv theater a couple of days ago. Now it is working fine and tonight I am going to put American Pie on one CD!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!

i can't even get it to atempt loading the drivers... sumthing about invalid Data when it loads em up.

Win2k AdV. Server 2195

3d Prophet Gforce

I don't know that answer, but, what are using a very expensive OS, to put it mildly, for leisure.

I never saw a server with a GeForce in it. smile

Anyway, the Hauppauge drivers work fine with me - Retail (as in bought) Win2k Professional, WinTV-pci Nicam - oldish model - 1997.

Brendan.

Try moving that card to a different slot, as if its fighting a geforce, it'll probably never get an irq. Also if your wintv is taking up 2 irq's then you have another problem.

After moving the card go into the bios in the PCI section set "Reset configuration Data" to enabled, and this will rebuild/clean the PCI device list.