Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vadir

Win2k Scanner

I just read Musteks windows2000 FAQ and noticed that they do not plan on ever supporting win2k. I guess it's time to chuck my crappy mustek and get new scanner. Does anybody have any suggestions for a scanner that will work in win2k for the $100 - $200 range?

Thanks in advance

I recommend you EPSON Perfection 610. It's the USB scanner with great image reproduction. It sells for approx $149.

The Win2K drivers are on EPSON's UK site.

Microtek SCSI-Scanners work perfectly under W2k. I just don´t know if this ist the same with their USB scanners. Though, I can recommend the SCSI versions strongly - they also have a great optical performance!

have fun

Llion

At this moment, watch out for HP (I have a 5200c). Some people get them to work, other (like me) have lesser luck.

HP doesn't support USB on the 5200c with win2K, although some people do get it to work.

Quote:
Originally posted by Caelth:
I recommend you EPSON Perfection 610. It's the USB scanner with great image reproduction. It sells for approx 9.
The Win2K drivers are on EPSON's UK site.

How do the drivers work? Do they allow custom dpi/size/etc settings?

I have a new Mustek 1200 CP and it work perfect in Win2000. Installed drivers and started scanning in 2 minutes. No Reboot after drivers installed. Only $59 and it does 600x1200 (hardware) and 48 bit color.