Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bigegg

PowerDVD vs Live!

Does anyone noticed or any idea how to get real 4 speaker support backonline in powerdvd or any other dvd prog????

In win98 there was an option in pDVD :

4 speaker output and it worked FINE!

In W2K, no such option and all the others don;t give the same REAL 4 speaker/surround effect. Please Help.

Thanx Alot.

I had the same problem. I also tried with WinDVD, but it don't work. The SPDIF out is "grayed" and i can't check it. I check it with DVD Genie, but with no result.

Any solution?

Thanks.

Don't you people get it!!!

Programs that work under W9X but don't work under W2K means that the program,drivers, or hardware is not compatible with W2K.

Wake up people untill a program is released or drivers are released for a application and or hardware chances are they will not work proerly under W2K

but.....

PowerDVD 2.55 has supposed to be compatible with W2K officially and also SBLive...

or is this not true..

any suggestions are welcome

As far as i know, both the SoundBlaster Live! and PowerDVD are both officially supported under Win2000.

I don't want this to come out like I am being an a-hole cuz that is not what I am trying to do.

Just go and buy a hollywood+ card, these cards work PERFECTLY under Win2k. I have been through the whole software decoder scene and it was a major pain. You can pick these cards up for about 50 bucks US and they are worth every penny.

I have noticed some problems with PowerDVD.

One bing that I can't get access to the Hardware Acceleration option, even though I am in stated "stop mode", and I have a CL Geforce Card.

I also downloaded WinDVD 2000, AND payed for it I might add.. I can't get access to the site that is supposed to allow you to download the files that make the demo a full version. The page keeps coming up as blank, when it is supposed to ask you for your email address and password.

Anyway, both pieces of software work under 2K, HOWEVER (big however), the cores that allow specific use of hardware (geforce, rage 128, etc), need to be rewritten for Win2k. Basically, untill the software is "re-optimized" for the new OS, the more advanced features are not available.

This will probably take several months. First, the video chipset manufacturer needs to release 2k drivers that support the advanced hardware funtionality. Then, the software company needs to recode their software to utilize the new methods in those drivers.

In otherwords, you won't see SPDIF support for several weeks (maybe 8 now that LW2k is out), and motion compensation and IDCT until a month or two after drivers are finalized by your video card vendor.

I also thougt about it to just go back to good old win98... but the problem is I like win2000, it's so damn stable and most apps runs faster and smoother... only most games won't run on my system. . .

voodoo3 2000

PowerDVD.. liveware is also nu fully finished. too bad..