Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jehova

Asus 3.79 beta 4 out

New drivers out! Haven't tried them yet since all the links are dead.

If anyone have tried it out before the link was removed, tell me if it supports tv-out on the Deluxe versions. And if the colors in Media Player still screws up while using Asus' drivers.

Hi

I'm using ASUS V3400 TV I/O and Win2000 Final... Downloaded the beta 4 drivers and there is still NO TV-Out/in support !!

Did I something wrong or do you guys get TV-Out working ?

TV-in works on the 3400 now under win2k with the Asus Live 4 beta 3 software (live40b3.zip). I cant capture too well but they do work fine for TV (no fullscreen yet). I'm using them with the Nvidia 3.81 reference drivers (after installing the Asus 3.79 beta 1 drivers). Good luck.

eraser-

Hey

Stupid question:

There was some 3.81 drivers listed on nt compatible....i downloaded them and they run

i have a asus v6800 pure geforce card...

what are these 3.79 beta 4 drivers for, cause im sorta confused at the moment

here is the decription as shown on ntcompatible, did i download the wrong drivers?

New NVidia Windows 2000 drivers Posted Friday, March 17, 2000

Voodoo Extreme has posted NVidia V3.81 drivers for Windows 2000.

[This message has been edited by mello_j (edited 24 March 2000).]

There are 2 companies who provide drivers for your card: NVidia & Asus.

The reason to this is that your Asus card is build on NVidia technology (GeForce) and their drivers therefore should work with your card. However, having native drivers from your cards manufacturer (Asus) is better since it makes all the fancy features on your card work, like tv-out & glasses (if you had that) - NVidia's drivers won't enable fancy brand-specific features because they're generic drivers wich works with all brands of the GeForce.

However again, the manufactors (like Asus) tends to be slower in their driver development, so it's always a tradeoff wether you want speed (Nvidia) or features (Asus).

I use NVidia's driver untill Asus get their arses together and release a real stable working driver with all features enabled.

Hope it helped out a bit.