Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lordlee

Shutdown/Power-off w/ Abit BP6?

When I do a shutdown in W2K Pro retail, the PC won't power-off like it does w/ W98SE (I have dual-boot). I have a researched this problem in the forums, but I couldn't find a straight answer that seemed to help. I am using dual-celeron on Abit BP6 BIOS NJ. The device manager indicates that it's a MPS Multi-processor PC, and I don't see any APM option under Power Mgmt in control panel. I have also tried a registry edit that didn't work either. I have ACPI/APM on in the CMOS settings too.

Can anyone help and give a definitive answer? I really appreciate your help!!!

if you don't see an APM tab under Power Management, it simply means you can't use PM with your computer, i would restore bios defaults and try it again

If you have the NJ bios installed right now you will need to flash up to QQ in able to use ACPI with win2k.

I thought that SMP box won't work with ACPI (Abit bp6), can someone verify this?

Works on my system detailed below. I can't get hibernate/standby however due to the drivers for the HPT UDMA controller....the options are there, it just gives an error message when I try to hibernate/standby.

This should work for you:

Flash the QQ beta bios, get into bios set MPS to 1.4, enable ACPI, disable power management, disable PM controller by APM.

Boot into windows, go to device manager, computer, properties, driver, update driver, show list, show all compatible, select ACPI multiprocessor. It will install some drivers and require a reboot.

You should be done from there.

------------------

-AciD

>-----------------------<

Hardware:

BP6 running QQ Beta BIOS

Dual Celeron 366 @ 566MHZ

128MB Samsung -GL

IBM UDMA66 13.6g

WDC UDMA33 5.1g

Toshiba 32x

OTI Socrates 2x2x6x