Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
b-flat

Getting DirectX 9.0c Direct3D to work

I recently purchased the Sims 2 and installed and ran the game without errors for several days. However, my old monitor burned out so I had to get a new one. With the new one, I had to update to the latest version of my video card's driver (it is nVidia), but now, my computer cannot find the Direct3D files. My computer says that DirectX9.0c is installed, but when I try to test Direct3D acceleration, it cannot complete the test.

Also, when I try to run the Sims 2, I get an error about the graphics adapter not working correctly. I saw plenty of posts related to this issue from 2004, but none of their solutions helped (because I already have DirectX9.0c installed - I just need the Direct3D part to run).

Thanks for any help; I have been trying this for most of the afternoon so far, without much luck frown

Also, I deleted and reinstalled the latest driver for my video card (GeForce 2; 64 mb; it definitely meets the requirements because, as I mentioned, I have already played the game before).

Direct3D still cannot be found; all that I need to do is to figure out how to get Direct3D to be recognized by the driver (assuming it is there) or reinstall it if it is not.

I will try that (unfortunately, the release notes take forever to load, so it will be a while before I can figure out if the older drivers support 1680x1050 resolution). The current driver I have is version 91.47, and I was up[censored] from one from 2003 or 2001, so hopefully, one of the intermediate drivers will work.

I also updated my bios on the off chance that that was the issue, but it did not help.