Compatible Support Forums
Ultimate_Gio92

USB Not reconized/found

The problem is that I have plugged in the USB drive (A sandisk mini cruzer) and it is not working. All the USB drivers are installed, everything is ok in BIOS and I have made sure all the services that need to be working, work. I also checked device manager and it was not there. It LOOKS like it should be working, but the light thats supposed to be on the USB drive isnt lighting up and there is no removable storage found in my computers.

im having the same problem with a simpletech 320gb external HD. It should be working but its not popping up or showing up in My Computer

Ultimate_Gio92, is this a new drive, or have you been using it for a while?

jgerber86, when you connect the DVD external drive and the SimpleTech drive, do you disconnect the drive by clicking the "safely remove hardware" in the system tray before shutting down the drive(s)?

Don't flame me on this, I see it all the time.

Refer the page 6 in the users guide.

Do either of you have access to another computer system that you can plug the drive into to see if it works on another system?

Honestly the night it stopped working i had removed it improperly and just disconnected it. Would that destroy the drive or just its connection with my computer, at this point i dont have another computer to try it with either tonight or tomoorow i will be trying it on another computer.

Do you use TweakUI by any chance? If so make sure that you have AutoPlay on removable drives enabled.

I disabled it on mine but then couldn't access any of my removable drives. I re-enabled it and it all worked.