Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

opengl, missing no textures?

in games such as halflife of i dont see soem of the textures when in open gl mode, such as the hand gun, it is just brown, and those little guys with the claws that shoot crap out of their heads, they are just that same brown color. i also downloaded this benchmark 3dworld test for my geforce and it had most all of the textures missing. has this happened to anyone else using a geforce and windows 2000. is d3d better to use than opengl? i was using d3d for halflife because it looked better but when i hit excape the screen woudl turn black and not go to the menu. any suggestions, thanks.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

Yep I get those wierd effects as well. The barnacles in halflife are all messed up since I put the Asus 3.79 drivers in. Does'nt seem to happen when the card is'nt OCed though