Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jordannnx

Dungeon Keeper Gold on Vista?

Hi.. Just found my old copy of DK: Gold, but it doesn't run. I was wondering if it's because I've updated to vista? It installs, and begins to load (gets to the screen with the demon guy, and product info) then it minimizes, and closes.

Any thoughts or advice?

Much appreciated.

-Jordan

Have you used the Compatibility tab?

If you still have an older copy of Windows, you could use Virtual PC or VMWare to play it.

peterh is giving you probably the best shot you have to running that old of an application on Vista. The good thing about virtual machines (VMs) is that the Microsoft Virtual PC is free; in fact, I believe that each license for Vista comes with 4 licenses for VMs to run older applications. If you do not have a VM app, go to the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;displaylang=en

Another thing to take a look at is the developer's site. They may have a patch for DK, although it is not likely seeing how old the game is.

Get DOSBox, its the best Dos Emulatiuer, if have installed it with the dos install exe on the disc, then you'll be able to, but if its an installshield install then, thats the windows exe, not a dos, anyway i would take Myke's Advice! Anyway Try DOSbox it should run it!