Compatible Support Forums
Dreadlexx

Cant run NFS Carbon collectors edition on Vista

I need help..... i can't run my Need for Speed Carbon (collectors edition on Vista). It runs for a while then i get an error telling me that the display driver failed. but my driver is the latest available. please help!!!

As with a great deal of applications, Vista has issues with running programs that seemed to run just fine on XP. Check the developer's web site to see if they have released a patch which could address this issue. Worst case scenario, you could always try to run the application in a Virtual Machine, although I've never used a VM for video games. VMs are free for download at the MS site (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/virtualpc/default.mspx).

I'm not guaranteeing this will work, but it is a good start.

also what video card are u using i had vista for a month but decided to put winxp back cuz i couldnt play duke nukem 3d awsum ms dos game if u get all the nude patches for it but i rented a pc and had on board vido 256 mb with pixal shader 2.0 but always crashed after the mouse pointer came on screen i am now running intel pentium d dual dore @3.00ghz 1 gb of ram and an ati radion x1950 512mb and ran perfectly on vista as v1.0 the original cd version.....we want quality not piece of shit hardware