Compatible Support Forums
Vampyricnature08

Descent Freespace Loading Problems....HELP ME!!!!!

OK ive been tryingto get Descent Freespace: The Great War to play on my comp again and it wont load, i konw that it is made for Windows NT or 98 but i have Windows XP and everytime i try to load it this message pops up

FreeSpaceAutoRun.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the Inconvenience.

What am i to do, i really really want to play this game again and i really need help, so if anyone knows please get back to me, thanks alot

Ah... Freespace; what an awesome game that was. What you might need to do is check the video card compatibility. It might need to be run in a different resolution, as well. Right-click the executable file and click Propterites; go to the Compatibility tab. See if there are any boxes which state that if checked, to run the executable file in a lower resolution. I know that worked for Myst, but who knows with Freespace.

Also, have you checked the developer's site? They sometimes are pretty good about describing how to run old games on newer platforms. Seeing as Freespace was just plain amazing, they're bound to have some information.

P.S. Appropriate user name for this question. I likes