Compatible Support Forums
LindyLoud

7th guest

Im looking for help on how to install 7th guest on to my new lap top.. i have read everything to try and get it to work including several walk through guides posted on various gaming forums. Im getting to load the disc so far then my system stops... i get up to running tests for video settings, they are fully compatible the game asks me to press a key to continue... but when i do nothing happens..

I presumed it was because im running XP but after reading various walkthoughs it seems everyone else has had problems else where, im a bit of a novice and i dont know how to make the game work..

can someone please HELP!!!

I used to own 7th Guest. Isn't it a DOS game?

I'm just shooting in the dark, I no longer possess this game so I can't be of 'much' help, but if it is a dos game, have you tried using DosBox to run it?

If its not a dos game, have you tried setting the Compatibility to Windows 98/95? <right click on shortcut icon, click properties, then click the compatibility tab, in that window select windows 98 or 95 from the drop down list, click apply, then ok> If your icon does not have a compatibility tab in the properties menu, you can force one to create by deleting the desktop icon, and then making a new one by right clicking and selecting New > shortcut, then pointing to the .exe for the game. When the new icon is created it WILL have a compatibility tab.

Again, maybe this is helpful, maybe not. sorry I couldn't help more.

"7th Guest" should run in Windows, when using the downloaded file "v32tng.exe" to run the game.

http://www.tbyte.com/downloads/t7gwinnv.zip

Run the installer (7th Guest-disc 2) from a DOS window (Start_Run_Cmd), which copies the files to the c:\Id\t7g folder. Then copy the downloaded file's content (extracted from the .zip file) to the c:\Id\t7g directory. Double-click "C:\ID\T7G\v32tng.exe" to run the game. Alt-Enter toggles between Full Screen & window.

There's no DOS drivers for my SB Audigy sound card, so running in Windows is the only option.

Runs fine for a while; I can solve one or two of the "puzzles", then the game crashes and abruptly quits.

Force saving: move the cursor to the top of the screen, where it should turn into a sphinx pointer (pyramid with eyeball). Click this to get a prompt for game options, one of which should be "save". You get to pick an empty slot of 10 available to save.

[copied from: http://www.compatdb.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=169168&Searchpage=1&Main=33315&Words=+vailr&topic=0&Search=true#Post169168 ]