Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shot34ever

Event ID errors, PC Rebooting Ramdomly

For two months now my computer simply reboots on it own, in the Event Viewer, under Applications, it gives me error messages on Event ID of 1001 about the MsiInstaller, many of them. Also under the System, it is giving me the following codes: 7003 and 7023. These two are the ones causing the PC to reboot randomly. I have tried to clean the registry, formatting the hdd and it comes back. I am thinking that this is a hardware problem with either the video or the audio card. Can anyone help me out of this mess and total aggravation?

What version of Windows are you running?

Also, with the 7003 and 7023 messages, what are the sources of the error?

One last question (which may not have anything to do with your error, but needs to be asked): Before you machine reboots on its own, do you hear any strange clicking noises coming from the interior of your machine?

I am actually having the same problem with a work PC here.. It is running Windows XP with SP 2 and Every few hours the computer will just reboot randomly on it's own... as far as I see the only error I can see is Event ID 7023 I didnt happen to see any other ones but will double check if need be. Any idea what might be causing this issue?