Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
J_Pro

SCSI / Ultra66 / Abit

I have an ASUS P3B-F motherboard with a Promise Ultra 66. My card is not a RAID. It installed with the driver on Win2k CD. All is well. It hibernates and stands by. Some people have noted problems with other controllers and other motherboards. This is all I have. I can tell you something about the Abit BF-6 and BE-6II. Both boards are IDENTICAL EXCEPT, the BE-6II has ultra 66 and the BF-6 has an extra PCI slot. This is probably because there are only so many IRQ's to go around.

I have a friend with a BF-6 and here's what happens. He CANNOT standby or hibernate. He is using an Adaptec 2930U2W with NT4 drivers. I see numerous people asking about the Abit/Ultra 66 combo. I really think the best approach is to go beat on Abit to work this out. It's only a theory. I urge those with PCI controllers of any type to come forth with their experiences with these Abit boards.

I don't see the point in this :

First Abit Bios don't support fully ACPI (depending on the Mobo)

Second some controllers bios don't support hibernation or suspend.

The only thing is to wait for those good drivers.

------------------

Config:

Dual celeron 400 on BP6

128 Mo SDRAM PC 100

Rage fury 32Mo, SB Live Player

IBM 20Go U66,DVD A103S,Yamaha 4*4*16*: IDE

Win2000 Final

Hibernation is just a feature. I do not find it useful at all. Copying everything into the RAM takes time, copying from the hardisk to the RAM takes time again. If suppose you have lots of RAM, say 256 Mb or 512 Mb (which is quite common), it would take longer than a fresh booting up.