Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jasont21

need some help please (IRQL-NOT..... errors)

ok well hello. ive been searching for help now for a good .... along time over the last couple of days and this site seems good so i hope you lot can help me.

i made my own pc a while ago. about 8 months. i have had no problems whatsoever until now.

ivehad battlefield 2142 installed on my pc fora couple of months now and a week ago i started getting the "blue screen of death" and the error IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL. it has not told me what file is corrupt so i cant tell you that. if it had said wot file it was i would have fixed it by now.

anyway. i tried all my games and loads of programmes and bf2142 is the only application that this error occurs with. it only does it when i try and load up a map to play. now ive tried uninstalling and re-installing it but it has not helped. i phoned ea and they told me to do something with a directx sound file. i had to change it from full to basic acc. so i did this and when trying to play the game it optimised graphics seetings and worked. but after i turned off my pc its gone back to normal and it dont work any more. ive tried and tried but to no ovail. i presume it has somethig to do with a sound driver or something because .... well just because.

my specs :

xp service 2

180gb hd

geforce 7900 gt 256mb

2gb ram

onboard sound i think. have not bought sound card

cd/rw dvd/rw floppy

wireless internet

if u need any more info ask me.

basiucally can anyone help me?? i need some help plzzzzz. its so annoying that it only affects this game. its driving me crazy!!!! crygrinsmirkshockedcrazyfrown..... so yeah. help please!!

if u need to contact me another way,

email and msn.... mrjason@btinternet.com

cheers all. hope you can help

Hi jasont21. If changing your sound settings to basic acc worked, then that is most likely where to being resolving the issue. In order for anyone to help, though, we need the hexidecimal code that the blue screen gives you (e.g., 0xC000001E); there should be one outside of the parenthases and four inside. This will help determine what specifically is wrong and how to correct it.

ok well this is what is reads,

0x0000000A (0xC124027E,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805D7CE2)

hope you can decifer that into real words

ok on here forums.ea.com/mboards/message.jspa?messageID=1769748 the bloke is having the exact same problem. but i cant see it now so i hope it aint been deleted

yeah thats the thing i postedin the last link but it didnt seemto work as a hyperlink. i cant seem to do what it says but ill keep trying see if it has anyhint to do with it.

ok its been fixed. if anyone else is having a similar problem uninstall speedbit accelarator.