Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
poryman

this is so confusing(Dungeon keeper 2)

Im thinking of buying the sold out version of the game it says it works fine on xp but when i do a google search everything says dk2 wont work etc i dont understand the box says it will work but these fourms says it wont i dont understand can someone help me!!

It won't run on Windows XP for more than half an hour!!! (I have looked on the internet for a cure, and I installed the Windows compatibility administrator to fix it, but I still can't get it to run for long.)

***RECOMMENDATIONS for Users/Consumers of DK2: ***

I am including this section for those diehard DK loyalists who really want to play this game on their Win 2000/XP system. There are a few things you have to do.

One is, download the upgrade to version 1.7. This is available for free on many places on the web. Get it from a legit source. Avoid pirate Russian/east European web sites which typically attempt to install spyware on your PC. DK2 will ***NOT WORK*** on Windows 2000 without this upgrade! You have been warned! I have never found any difficulty obtaining the upgrade as it is available on many gamer sites.

Two is, you may need to run dxdiag from your Windows Run menu. This *may* fix problems such as choppy/erratic sound or video. Or, it may not, and you may spend many hours trying to get it to work, without success.

Just some reviews i found on amazon hope these help with your decision.

"WHY WONT ANYONE HELP"

I noticed you only waited 12 minutes after your first post before posting this. You need to be more patient, people have lives outside of this forum and can't be around to help all the time. I really don't want to help people who are as impatient as this.